- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Florida Driver's License required
- Must have the skill and ability to operate a variety of power and manual tools and equipment
- Must have ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Requires the ability to understand specific oral and written instructions
This is routine manual labor requiring physical endurance and a willingness to perform manual tasks. May work in Streets Department, Parks Department, and Sanitation Department.
Work involves frequent walking/standing and moderately heavy lifting.
Tasks may involve, but not limited to, mowing, weed eating, raking, patching of streets, tree trimming, sanitation detail, and various other manual tasks.
Work will be performed in varying environmental conditions with frequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Majority of work will be performed outdoors.
- operate tractor with accessories or attachments
- plant, cultivate, or harvest crops, including aquaculture
- use plant disease control techniques
- use plant or crop transplant techniques
- use truck-mounted hydraulic lifts or other accessories
- use herbicides, fertilizers, pesticides or related products
- use chain saws
- follow horticulture irrigation techniques
- repair and maintain grounds keeping equipment and tools
- resolve landscaping problems
- use power mower
- construct, erect, or repair wooden frameworks or structures
- finish concrete surfaces
- prepare site or surfaces for concrete or masonry work
- mix paint, ingredients, or chemicals, according to specifications
- use portable hand spray equipment
- advise clients or customers
- move or lift heavy objects
- maintain physical building or grounds of property
- use hand or power tools
- drive truck with capacity greater than 3 tons
Minimum Education Required: High School Diloma or Equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.