Job ID: 142159
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist and direct workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
* Assist and direct workers in the diagnosis of malfunctions in equipment and machinery.
* Strong electrical background, PLC knowledge; 480 industrial voltage, maintenance programs, ordering parts, quotes for repairs and installation of equipment are essential qualifications necessary for this position.
* Inspect all production equipment daily
* Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and assign mechanic for repair
* Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned
* Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned.
* Weld and use cutting torch as required
* Perform general repairs to plant structures
* Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
* Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with Plant Manager for approval and repairs as needed.
* Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls, and circuit boards.
* Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning.
* Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble.
* Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools. Replace and install parts as needed.
* Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation.
* Ensure safety guidelines are followed.
* Perform maintenance on loaders and forklifts
* Order parts and set up projects
* Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed
* Physical requirements include lifting at least 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
* Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other Skills Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
* High school diploma/equivalent, or comparable in training, education or experience
* Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
* Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
* Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential
* Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
* Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry or related field preferred
* Adequate computer skills to accurately document repairs and preventative maintenance practices.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.