NAPA Auto Parts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Id: 261888
Brand: NAPA Auto Parts
Location: Wauchula, FL
Major Market: FL Lakeland
Date Posted: January 8, 2019
NAPA is a Parts Store and So much more! We are driven to have the best people on our team to get the right parts to the right place at the right time.
This is the ideal role for a person who truly cares about providing outstanding customer care and interactions with everyone who they come in contact with! As an Automotive Counter Parts Sales person, you are looked at as the "face of the retail store" and the go to person as soon as our customers enter our retail stores.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
* Genuinely enjoy helping our retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts and service questions.
* Have gained your parts experience by working the automotive industry or have gained your experience tinkering with/repairing cars & trucks through the years
* You are willing to learn all things automotive if you don't have the background in automotive parts.
* Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career - the opportunities are endless!
A Day in the life:
* Provide auto parts answers and solutions for our retail and wholesale customers
* Bring customer focus and high energy to our fast-paced stores
* Welcome retail customers into our retail stores and engage to provide a positive consumer experience
* Use technology (computer), cash register, telephone, and paper catalog system
* Use your parts knowledge to assist other NAPA team members answer questions for customers
What you'll need:
* High School Diploma or GED. Technical or Trade school courses or degree.
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Love fast paced retail environments
And if you have this, even better:
* Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
*Previous experience in a parts store or automotive industry is preffered.
* Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision
* Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems, a plus
* Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
* ASE Certifications
* NAPA Know How
* Past experience working for an Independently owned parts store
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
* Outstanding health benefits and 401K
* Stable company. Fortune 200 with a "family" feel
* Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
* Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don't think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons
1. operate agricultural equipment or machinery
2. analyze business, scientific, or technical problems in electronic data processing systems
3. consult with managerial or supervisory personnel
4. conduct training for personnel
5. advise retail dealers in use of sales promotion techniques
6. prepare reports
7. compute financial data
8. advise clients or customers
9. answer customer or public inquiries
10. fill out business or government forms
11. maintain records, reports, or files
12. make presentations
13. obtain information from individuals
14. provide customer service
15. understand technical operating, service or repair manuals
16. use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
17. use interpersonal communication techniques
18. explain uses or effects of drugs
19. understand drug products
20. use knowledge of medical terminology
21. use telephone communication techniques
22. provide advice on food or drug storage or use
23. prepare recommendations based upon research
24. access media advertising services
25. analyze sales activities or trends
26. use marketing techniques
27. arrange delivery schedules
28. arrange for trial installations of equipment
29. conduct sales presentations
30. demonstrate goods or services
31. estimate delivery dates
32. identify best product for customer's needs
33. measure customer for size
34. negotiate term of sale or services with customer
35. prepare list of prospective customers
36. sell merchandise
37. sell products or services
38. solicit orders from established or new customers
39. use industry terms or concepts
40. use knowledge of sales contracts
41. use knowledge of written communication in sales work
42. use product knowledge to market goods
43. use sales techniques
44. instruct customers in product installation, use, or repair
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.