Reference #: 2018-139460
We Promise to Care
We understand that we offer more than just car service. We rescue people from bad days and we offer solutions for difficult situations. We are people of integrity and we believe that fundamental honesty is the keystone of our business. We are committed to doing the hard work necessary to earn the loyalty of our teammates and our customers by providing a positive experience every time. We are proud and passionate to represent the brand of Bridgestone. Every day, in every store, with every teammate and every customer.We promise to care!
Our Purpose: To be the most trusted provider of automotive care in every neighborhood we serve.
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC employs over 22,000 teammates in North America and operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores. Our locations include Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, Hibdon Tires and Wheel Works.
Apply today to learn more about why Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build your career!
Job Responsibilities of Tire/Maintenance Technician:
- Learn how to diagnose and repair basic systems to become certified in a minimum of 5 areas with a preference for brakes, alignments, suspensions, cooling and electrical
- Change oil and/or transmission fluid and filters
- Install batteries and checks electrical systems
- Install and perform tire maintenance
- Install parts which include shock absorbers and exhaust systems
- Road test vehicles
- Demonstrate the ability to learn basic mechanical tasks
- You'll also need a high level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Bridgestone Retail operations will conduct pre-employment drug test/physical/ background check
If you meet the qualifications listed above, possess a can do attitude and have a desire to progress in your career with the automotive service industry leader who puts their mechanics / auto technicians first, please apply today!
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
- One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates.
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- 1. move or lift heavy objects
- 2. use knowledge of metric system
- 3. use oral or written communication techniques
- 4. adhere to safety procedures
- 5. locate puncture in tubeless tires or inner tubes
- 6. read vehicle manufacturer's specifications
- 7. repair or install tires
- 8. use lifting equipment in vehicle repair setting
- 9. estimate time or cost for installation, repair, or construction projects
- 10. fabricate, assemble, or disassemble manufactured products by hand
- 11. operate sandblasting equipment
- 12. use pneumatic tools
- 13. apply adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings
- 14. apply cleaning solvents
- 15. perform safety inspections in industrial, manufacturing or repair setting
- 16. read work order, instructions, formulas, or processing charts
- 17. use hand or power tools
Minimum Education: No Miniumum Education Required
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.