Looking for trainee with ability to learn aircraft maintenance. Learn to diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul aircraft engines and assemblies, such as hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Conduct routine and special inspections as required by regulations. Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and that aircraft are ready for operation. Read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components. Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance..
- Mechanically inclined. Mechanical experience preferred but not required.
- Due to nature of job must speak, read and write English.
- Employer does drug testing.
- build or repair structures in construction, repair, or manufacturing setting
- determine material or tool requirements
- erect scaffold
- read blueprints
- climb ladders, scaffolding, or utility or telephone poles
- move or lift heavy objects
- read technical drawings
- understand technical operating, service or repair manuals
- use knowledge of metric system
- determine project methods and procedures
- read schematics
- test mechanical products or equipment
- examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
- adhere to safety procedures
- align or adjust clearances of vehicle body parts or components
- align vehicle frame
- apply filler substances to dents in vehicle bodies
- conduct tests to locate mechanical system malfunction
- diagnose malfunctioning vehicle systems
- follow vehicle repair procedures
- laminate objects
- maintain or repair cargo or passenger vehicle
- observe or listen to machinery or equipment operation to detect malfunctions
- operate vehicle engine electrical system test equipment
- overhaul vehicle major operating units, such as engines or transmissions
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
To apply for this position, please visit the CareerSource Heartland center nearest you.